12/31/2010

F.R.O.G.

Does anyone else remember the F.R.O.G. bracelets that were around in the '90's?  I do, and for some reason, I woke up this morning with that on my mind.  Well, not the bracelets themselves, but rather the meaning behind the initials.  Fully Rely On God.  So easy to say, but so hard to do.  Often, I think we omit the "fully" from our philosophy and just rely on Him when it's easy.  Reflecting on that, I came up with my resolution for the year of 2011.  This year it won't be a list of goals, or do's and don't's, it will simply be making that phrase the definition of my life, and teaching others to do the same.  FULLY rely on God.  No matter what happens, no matter what we understand or don't, I want to be fully reliant on His grace to catch me when I fall, His mercy to be new every morning, His love to cover a multitude of mistakes, His strength to be more than sufficient, and His compassion to wipe away my tears.  He is big enough to handle my fears and doubts, and He pours into me himself so that I can know Him better and more initimately than ever before.

No comments:

Post a Comment